With one-touch automation, rapid throughput, and flexible priority overrides the Omnyx VL120 delivers high-quality digital images so you can walk away to multi-task with confidence.
Omnyx VL120 Key Features:
- One click, walk-away automation – up to 120 slides can be loaded by researchers; scanning automatically begins without the need for user selection of scan plans or scan areas
- Outstanding image quality – imaging technology focuses on every tile, resulting in high quality images that accurately capture more of the tissue’s fine details
- 40x and 60x magnification for brightfield images stained with H&E, IHC and special stains – no intervention or slide scanning interruption required to change magnification levels
- Continuous slide tray load and unload without interruption of scanning
- Priority capabilities – Priority cases can be added for immediate processing
- Easy to load patent pending slide trays keep slides flat and allow for visual inspection of slides prior to scanning
- Automated slide handling detects incorrectly loaded slides
- Intuitive, easy-to-use, system – onboard LCD touch screen designed by histotechnicians and imaging specialists makes scanning easy.
- Automated matching of images to a case with barcode scans of slide labels
- Continuous operation offline for up to 8 hours in the event of a computer network outage
Independent Dual Sensor (IDS) Scanning
Accurate focusing is a critical challenge of whole slide imaging, primarily due to tissue topography variability. Traditional line scanning and tiling scanning systems are limited in their ability to acquire a multitude of focus points while maintaining scanning speed. A patented technology, referred to as Independent Dual Sensor Scanning, decouples image acquisition from focusing and allows for parallel processing, resulting in rapid scanning while focusing within each tile in the whole slide image. The result: fast slide scanning performance and higher quality images. Both the VL4 and VL120 share the same patent-pending imaging engine. Compared to competitive products, the V120 focuses on up to 700% more focus points, resulting in outstanding image quality.
Omnyx VL120 Specifications
- Slide Capacity Up to 120 slides, imaged automatically
- Glass Slide Dimensions 25 mm x 75 mm 26 mm x 76 mm
- Scanning Technology Independent dual sensors with tile focusing
- Tissue Detection and Focusing Automated, no manual interaction
- Objective Lens 20x/0.75 Plan SA po (40x scanning with automated optical magnification changer)
- Sensor Resolution 20x: 0.275 microns/pixel 40x: 0.1375 microns/pixel
- LCD 12 in diagonal full color display and touch screen
- Barcode Capability 1-dimensional (Code 128, Interleaved 2 of 5); 2-dimensional (Datamatrix, QR Code)
- Onboard Storage 230 GB
- Network Interface Dedicated Ethernet
Omnyx VL120 Physical specifications
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 52.1 × 120.0 × 59.2 cm (20.5 × 47.2 × 23.3 in)
- Weight 280 lb (127 kg)
- Power Supply Voltage and Frequency Universal AC input, 50/60 Hz, less than 12 amp
Omnyx products are for research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.